Sunday, December 12, 2010

In between

So...many of you know that Zoe is a peanut.  But she is definitely growing.  At her 2 month checkup she measured in the 10th percentile for weight and the 5th for length.  This week at our breastfeeding support group we weighed (like we do each week) and she had gained 5 ounces.  She weighed 9lbs, 9.5oz.
Note the belly

I took some photos the other night after she ate and had a full belly.  I can't resist the full belly.  Just too precious for words.  And she actually looks like she's bigger and isn't too scrawny anymore!

SO...all this boring information leads us to the fact that Zoe doesn't fit into many of her clothes.  She has a closet full of clothes (most of which are 0-3 months) and can't wear most of them.  She's still in some of her newborn-sized items and there's a good amount of room in her 0-3s.  I'm DYING to put her in some new outfits.  (And so is her Pamma who declared one of my favorite outfits boring and used).

In any case, we have to dress the child in something, mostly because it's socially acceptable to bring your child dressed to church.  That, and it's pretty darn cold out there.  So...we put her in this darling purple and brown bear outfit.  You can't see it well in these pics, but there's a sweet bear face on her fanny.  :)
What? There's a bear on  my bum?

We are just sitting around right now on this dreary Sunday afternoon.  We're going to have to get dressed at some point because we have my department's Christmas party this evening.  Gotta get the wee one dolled up and in the Christmas spirit.  We have a Santa outfit that Aunt Cindy gave Z, and a suit that Pamma gave her that has little holly berries all over.  I think she'll rock her Santa Baby outfit.  She's too precious in it.

Okay. Like I said, I'm rambling about nonsense, mostly so I can post a few cute pictures of the ever-changing child.  Hope you'll forgive me!
Santa Baby

2 comments:

  1. I just love the Santa outfit. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting BIG! I also love the Santa outfit...especially the hat. I bet she was a big hit at the Christmas party. By the way, the Christmas decorations look fab!

    -Dori

    ReplyDelete