Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two months old


Today Zoe turned two months old. I'm so excited that she's growing (today at our support group she weighed in at 8lbs, 9.5oz--almost two pounds more than at birth), but am sort of depressed that she's already getting older and bigger. Strange emotion.

I'm having trouble adjusting to the idea that starting next week I won't be with Zoe all day long. I have gotten used to feeding her all day and organizing life around her meals. Next week she will start to spend her days with her grandparents. We're so lucky and blessed to have our families nearby. Z's Mimi and JimDaddy will take such good care of her. Still, I can't help be a little sad that they'll get to see her learn all day long while I'm tackling issues with college students. Suddenly what used to be so important just pales in comparison.

In the meantime, I'm spending a lot of time looking at Zoe and realizing just how thankful I am for my family. Little more than two years ago I was lost. I thought I wouldn't find happiness again--at least not for some time. Jody walked into my life shortly thereafter and suddenly things were looking up. No joke.

Immediately my luck seemed to change. We are so happy! We have our struggles, sure. But we have been blessed with this little miracle of a daughter. We keep looking at her, trying to see who she looks like. We keep looking at her, wondering where she came from. How we made her. How we don't understand how people can not believe in a higher power when they experience or have experienced bringing a child into the world. It's just all too perfect.

Life is truly amazing. Especially if you accept the precious gifts that may be waiting for you.


Here's a picture of Z at one month. Gosh, she has grown!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Baby Zoe is the BEST! Just look at how tall she is...

    ReplyDelete