Sunday, November 21, 2010

Zoe's baby dedication


Yesterday Zoe Catherine Vermilyea was dedicated at church. She wore a gown that my grandmother (Grandma Nette) purchased for my cousins, Dori, Diane and Denise. Their names were embroidered on the gown, and my name was added. The plan is to have Diane's son, Braxton's, name added along with Zoe's.

What a fantastic day! The church service was about as perfect as they come. Our pastor, Mark Piotrowski, dedicated her, read briefly about Hannah's story, and gave us a book to commemorate the occasion. Our dear friend, Dr. John Kearnes, gave the sermon about the first Thanksgiving. It was really, really nice. We (unknowingly) picked a good day to have her special day.

Present were Jody, me, both sets of grandparents, cousin Amanda, spiritual guide Fern Illidge, and our loving church family. Everyone loves this little girl--she is so lucky.

Jody, me, Zoe and Pastor Mark

Grammy Pammy, GreyBeard, Jody, me and Baby Zoe

Mimi and JimDaddy with Zoe, me and Jody

The whole family with Pastor Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment